What happens if a dog eats chocolate or just candy??

Ijustr asking.. my dog does not eat candy.. but if she did what would happen?

Asked by Member 1002749 on Sep 3rd 2010 in Homemade Food
Report this question Get this question's RSS feed Send this question to a friend


  • Cast your vote for which answer you think is best!



their teeth can decay at a high rate. It can increase their blood sugar and all sorts of things could occur.
I try to give a piece of banana or something healthy if they like the taste.
I have one dog that loves potatoes. He will eat also grapes(seedless) apples, (no seeds) and he loves greens, green beans too.
Try to steer away from human sweets like handmade candies. It's just not good for them.
Dark chocolates and cooking bars are toxic to dogs, depending on the weight of your dog, it could be fatal, if large amounts are consumed

Dieta answered on 9/3/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

♥ Sparky ♥

Yes... it is not god. And DO NOT give your dog grapes dieta... very bad. Other things bad are onions, chocolate, Lots of Garlic, and there are more. You may want to search a list... Sparky ate some chocolate, and I knew it was not good fur him. He got to it, and we did not know. It did not do much, Thank God, but it did affect his stomach and he was not feeling good. I am glad he was okay! It could've been much worse...

♥ Sparky ♥ answered on 9/3/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer


Actually Cap n' sparky. Garlic is ok for dogs. It gives them a healthy and shiny coat and it can boost up their immune system. And there's also garlic in a lot of dog foods. If your dog ate candy or chocolate it would probably kill her since she's such a tiny dog. some dogs can handle the chocolate but it also depends on the size of the dog and how much the dog ate.

Jazzy answered on 9/4/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer