Vitamin and Mineral supplement for a large breed puppy on a Bravo Raw Basic Diet?

I am feeding Bear, my 8 month old Irish Wolfhound mix, a Bravo Raw Diet. He is super alergic to everything which is why we have gone to this. We were feeding him Preference, by Honest Kitchen, for his vitamins and minerals, but think he may be allergic to that too. I need to find a multivitamin that is safe for large breed puppies. Any suggestions? He is tearing out all the hair between his pads, so I want to get to the bottom of this! Thanks!

Asked by Member 1029893 on Apr 8th 2011 Tagged food, raw, vitamins, minerals, largebreedpuppy in Raw Food

Answers

Sampson

have you ruled out a flea or environmental (mold, pollen, dustmites, etc) allergy? Even dogs that don't appear to have fleas can have flea allergy dermatitis, it only takes one or two bites to cause a total flareup.

Any food that is sold as a complete diet for dogs should have all the vitamins and minerals that he needs already in it, adding extra vitamins and minerals can do more harm than good sometimes, so I would not recommend any supplements at all. (Unless the directions on the Bravo say to, for some reason.)

Sampson answered on 4/8/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Unless you know that he is missing something from his diet and what, it's recommended to *not* feed supplements.
Or are you trying to use supplements to help his allergies? If that's the case, I can't really help you there.

You'll get more helpful answers if you post in the raw forum:
www.dogster.com