Tips on potty training puppy?

I've been trying to potty train my husky / German shepherd since he was 8 weeks old (he is now 12 weeks) and he only does his business outside when he feels like it. I will let him outside and he will sit at the door until I let him in and as soon as I do he runs to his puppy pad and pees. I don't know if I should yell at him or not and what should I do if I see him getting ready to pee on the pad because I read that you aren't supposed to tell him to stop because it could confuse him. He poops and pees when we go for walks and I always praise him for it but nothing seems to be working.

Asked by Member 1167617 on Apr 28th 2013 Tagged pottytraining in Behavior & Training

Answers

Caspian

I potty trained my 5 week old Rhodesian Ridgeback mix in 1 week. What I did was, I give him a treat whenever he did his business. He learned very quickly.

Caspian answered on 5/13/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer