Starting a Homemade DogFood Diet-Question help!

I dont really want to use A LOT of supplements-my plan is to feed my pup eggs, a meat and rice (or other kinda carb)....he hates will not eat vegetables in the mix. So I am going to add in a powdered or other multi vitamin.

My question more or less lies on the Omega's--

If I add in olive oil daily/every other, with feeding my pup salmon 1-2x a week---is this sufficient for the omegas.

Ive read of other people doing to supplement all omega and just want to make sure its ok though-

So Summation:
Calcium-egg
(I do not want to go the full blown bone diet).
multi vitamin
omega's--olive oil in teh general routine and fish 1-2x/week...

I feel this should be sufficient but I am a newbie....I know EVERYONE has their own thoughts on what to feed a dog but from a general nutritional standpoint for omegas etc-does this sound ok?

Also-my pup will eat carrots uncooked and some other veggies here and there for snack:)

Asked by Member 1118729 on Jul 2nd 2012 in Homemade Food

Answers

You should post this on the "Home Prepared Food" forum on this site. There are very knowledgeable people there.