small, calm dog

i am looking for a small, approximately 9 lb dog, furry and soft to sleep with me who will sit on my lap while i see my clients. good with children, friendly, doesn't bark alot.

would love some advice!

Asked by Member 693096 on Aug 10th 2008 in Adoption & Rescue

Answers

You might want to check with the local ASPCA or ask people of a church you go to, or look in your towns newspaper. Sometimes people have dogs they want to go to good homes so they put ads in the paper.. Visit the dog a couple of times to see how he or she is with you before you get it and ask lots of questions about him or her; because if you don't ask questions sometimes they will not tell.

Samson

A Papillon would be fantastic for you! The males of this breed - like me - seem to be the lovers, but my female friend Delilah, is also very wonderful. We visit the nursing home where our mom works & the residents love us. The staff want to take us home with them, too. We are calm, yet can be playful, very friendly, good with kids & everyone. My girlfirend hardly barks at all, but I'm a bit more vocal, but not yappy. We're a happy breed & you'd love to have a doggie like us. Good luck, whatever you choose!

Samson answered on 8/11/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

are you looking for a puppy or are you looking for an adult dog? I would check www.petfinder.com to find local rescue groups in your area.