Trigger

Should my 3 year old Springer be able to go for a 4 mile walk without tiring out?

Asked by Trigger on May 23rd 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Pineapple Smushface

I have noticed a huge difference in energy level in my dog if I feed her before we go out opposed to after. If I feed her before, she will gobble her food because she knows that she will be going out soon, but then she will drag on the walk, and she's only 2 1/2. If I feed her after the walk, she has more energy and does not eat all of her food at once; she'll leave some over, and then lie down to take a nap from tiring herself out. Four miles is a decent walk, especially in the elements. If changing feeding times and switching to healthy treats makes no difference (like Natural Choice), then I would bring him into the vet, just to make sure that everything is okay. ^_^

Pineapple Smushface answered on 2/27/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer