Shih Tzu Behavior Issues

Hi,I have a 9 month old shih tzu and I am about at my wits end. We got him at 3 months old. At the time my husband was home with him all the time, I worked a lot. It was a battle getting him house trained. We crated right away, my husband would take him out almost hourly until he learned, and we got him neutered quickly. We had no problems for awhile. Recently, I became unemployed and my husband got a job where he travels, and this is not sitting well with the dog. No matter how much I take him out, there are daily accidents. Recently only a half hour later after going outside he peed on the couch which he Never did before. He sneaks upstairs and messes, even when he just went. I blocked off the upstairs and he peed at the bottom of the steps, & a few days later he figured out how to get around my barricade and pooped again! Everything is turning into a battle, days he has attitude he even refuses to eat unless I put him & his food in the crate! This is behavior not health. Any ideas?

Asked by Member 1157968 on Mar 4th 2013 Tagged shihtzu, behavior, stoppedlistening, housetraining, problems, help in Separation Anxiety