rhodesian ridgeback mix?

some people said that chew looks like a rhodesian/lab mix. i'm not familer with the breed at all and i'm not sure how common they are in utah. does anyone know? also he has a really really long narrow snout and i don't know if that is common in the mix. also they were found under a truck in logan as appx. 2 month old pups. his brother was pure black w/ some white and his sister is like black with brown markings, his sister and brother look nothing like him..he is a totally a different color and temperment. maybe a different dad? i don't know, maybe i should just call him a cutie mutt mix..... (:

Asked by Member 765056 on Dec 22nd 2009 in Mixed Breeds

Answers

does he have a ridge on his back (fur running in the opposite direction)? Rhodesians are big dogs (females 70 pounds and males even larger). They are super energetic with a long skinny tail. Strong muscular legs with a skinny mid section. they are awesome dogs, but need a TON of exersize. From the pic his face looks like a lab, but hard to tell what the rest of him looks like. You can do a google search for Gene Kits for dogs. They basically have you swab the inside mouth with a Q-tip and mail it in. They can let you know what breeds he is. Good luck!

Bridget aka Bad Pants, Ruby Ru

I think they automatically think that if they see a dog that is red.
That is what they said about Bridget and I don't think she is
I may never know what she is except a smart and loving dog that has grown on us:)

Bridget aka Bad Pants, Ruby Ru answered on 12/22/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Shiver Me Timbers

He looks far more to me like a Redbone Coonhound mix than anything. They have the narrow snout as well.

Often, Ridgebacks will be born without the ridge, depending on breeding and if he's a mix, it's highly possible one won't show.

To get any real results, a dna test would better tell you.

Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie" answered on 12/22/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Seth

Ridgebacks are becoming more of a popular breed every year. Just about 19 years ago there were not many around. But they have seen a huge in crease in the number of litters registered by AKC each year. So i guess there is a chance there are s many in utah.

Seth answered on 12/22/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

♣Duchess♣

I see Rhodesian Ridgeback! I also see maybe some Harrier in him too!!! But from what i see, he looks to small to be a Harrier.
But the markings on his face prove to be Ridgeback!!! Cute though!! :) Merry Christmas!

♣Duchess♣ answered on 12/23/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer