Jane

Question about Boston Terrier puppy vaccinations and getting fixed.

Is it 100% necessary for Boston Terrier puppy to have all vaccinations? I don't ask because I don't feel like doing it or don't want to pay for it, I am asking because I myself am very holistic in the way I take care of myself, do not take medicine, and I want to raise her the same way but of course need to find the balance between keeping her healthy but naturally. Is there some alternative, or is this just an across the board requirement?

Also at what age will she be ready to be fixed and are there different methods of doing this that may be more natural?

Asked by Jane on Oct 17th 2012 Tagged bostonterrier, puppy, vaccinations, shots, health, spay, neuter, fix, vet in Health & Safety

Answers

First, it depends on what the laws in your area require, like rabies. Second, it depends on what your dog is exposed to on a daily basis. If you go to dog parks or frequent places where wild animals go, then you might want to think about kennel cough, lepto vaccine and the lyme vaccine. If you have a good vet, then they will explain the available vaccines and abide by your wishes of whether or not your dog needs them. Getting her spayed is another thing your vet should give you good information about. Some people get their dogs spayed before a year old and others wait. Good Luck!