Cooper

Purebred?

We rescued our guy back in January. We were told he is a purebred Jack Russell but when people see him they think he is a mix. It really doesn't matter to us but I was curious what you all think? I have lots of pics on his page. :D

Thanks!! :D

Asked by Cooper on Aug 22nd 2008 in Jack Russell Terrier

Answers

He looks pretty close to a purebred to me, but he does look a *little* more "leggy" than some reference Jack pics I'm looking at... so if I had to guess a mix he could possibly be mixed with I'd almost be inclined to say Jack/Fox Terrier... but he could just be a leggy purebred too. :)

Shandi *Oct 2006 - Aug 2012*

He looks like a purebred to me.

Shandi *Oct 2006 - Aug 2012* answered on 8/22/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

He looks pure to me. He has the "Wishbone" Look. A lot of people think Jack russells are short and wirery but some are smooth and a bit taller. You look to be of the taller variety

Looks like purebred Parson Russell Terrier (the taller version of the Jack Russell Terrier) to me.

Cayenne

he definitely is a purebred and if there is any mix at all it has to be way way way back in his bloodlines. he has the perfect jack russell head. and he is more of the better known show version that you will see more often at the akc shows, etc. there are two types of jack russell. the short, stockier, with sometimes a slightly shortier coat that isn't as soft to the touch..and the longer legged, more elegant one with usually a barely noticeable longer coat this is softer to the touch. you defintely have the 2nd version. he's a beauty and like you said..no matter if he's "purebred" or not, he's yours..and that's all that matters! :D

Cayenne answered on 11/13/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

InItToWinIt (INDY)

.
The "Parson Russell Terrier" is the name AKC gave what their idea of a Jack Russell Terrier is. Any JRT registered with the JRTCA cannot be cross registered with AKC.

I went to Cooper's page and after reading about him I would say he is definately a Jack Russell Terrier. His tail didn't get docked. If he is taller than fifteen inches (at his withers) then he wouldn't be allowed in the JRTCA's regular registry. Since you adopted him I'm assuming he is neutered and he can be recorded with the JRTCA. This allows him to participate in sanctioned Terrier Trials.

Warmly Robbin
JRT's participating in: Flyball,Agility,Obedience,Terrier Trials
and Dock Jumping
"Batteries Not Included" - FD, FDX, FDCH, FDCH-S, FDCH-G
"Airborne" - FD
"N V This" (Border Collie) - FD, FDX, FDCH, FDCH-S
www.geocities.com/aphasixpacchampion/GrabowskiShowHorses.html

Robbin's Rescued Russells
June Lake, California
www.robbinsrescuedrussells.com
Member of Rescue Alliance
of Hairless & Other Breeds

InItToWinIt (INDY) answered on 11/24/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

♥ Muddy♥

he looks like he is a mix. i examined your pics carefully and i think he is a jack russle and wippet mix. if you want to know for sure you can get a test for his vet but thier alot of money if your willing to spend it.

♥ Muddy♥ answered on 2/19/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Missy

I agree that he looks a cross to me...his tail curls over at the tip and this is not a look in the Parson Russell Terrier.

Beautiful dog but i'd say JRT x

Missy answered on 7/31/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer