Puppy will only poo inside but will pee outside

I have Lab/Collie mix rescue pup. I believe he is around 3-5 months old although we cant seem to confirm it.

We have half trained him to pee outside (bar the odd accident as his bladder grows stronger), however, he refuses to poo outside.
When I come in he will run upstairs and have a poo which is wearing out my carpet cleaner!!

Any advice that can help without using a crate is greatly appreciated!

Asked by Member 1105276 on Apr 11th 2012 Tagged toilet, poop, poo, wee in House Soiling

Answers

Carter

Cut him off to that much free roam to the house. have freedom to only a few rooms at a time. Labs and collies are typically very smart dogs. I would crate train him. Take him outside once you wake up and once he is fed. when you take him outside after he has been fed he should have to poop so wait for him to go. Usually it might take awhile, it might not. When he is done treat him once inside. Sometimes bells works for dogs. all you have to do is hang it on the door handle and ring the bells every time you take him outside.

Carter answered on 4/13/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer