Puppy poo'ing in her crate?

My puppy is 5 months old, and she keeps pooping in her crate. No matter how long I leave her outside, she will pee out there, but won't poop until she comes in. She does it as soon as she gets in there. Her crate is the right size for her, not too big. I feed her in it to make her see it as her dining and sleeping area. Her poop is solid, so it's not diarrhea. I have her on a set schedule that doesn't change. I tried putting blankets in the crate, tried it without blankets. I give her tons of praise when she poops outside, but she doesn't poop out there anymore. I need help! I've had to bathe her every day for the past 2 weeks. I clean the cage with odor-neutralizing cleaner. It's making me late for work having to do this all the time! Now that my daughter has a stomach bug, my house might as well have a bio-hazard sign on the door. I'm ready to snap and I need help! How do I stop her from pooping in there?

Asked by Member 1148514 on Jan 6th 2013 Tagged pottytraining, puppy, crate in Puppies

Answers

The cleaner needs to be an enzymatic cleaner not just odor-neutralizing. I would walk her to get things moving. Don't come back inside until she poos, treat and really praise her consistently when she goes outside.