On two recent nights, my dog had what the vet called partial seizures. His whole body was jerking.

My dog is 11. He had had his monthly Trifexis and Frontline meds with his supper and that night had the first set of partial seizures. The second time was three days later, in the middle of the night, for three hours. He saw a vet both times. It's been more than a week since the seizures and he seems okay, although sometimes twitchy in his sleep. My dog had taken Trifexis and Frontline for a few months. For years, he was on Interceptor and Frontline with no problems. We have a big deer tick/lymme disease problem here so he has to have a preventive for this. Has anyone heard of anything like these patial seizures related to these meds? If we switch meds,his vet is recommending Heartgard and Advantix, but I am concerned about them.

Asked by Member 1135024 on Oct 9th 2012 Tagged medication, seizures in Health & Wellness