shiloh Bear

norwegian elkhound

i was thinking about getting another norwegian elkhound. my old one died of epilepsy is epilepsy a common diseaes with them?

Asked by shiloh Bear on May 13th 2009 in Norwegian Elkhound

Answers

No, Norwegian Elkhounds are not prone to epilepsy.
Sometimes things like this can happen to any dog. Unfortunately your old dog faced this problem but it was not because of his/her breed.
Have a good one.

Roxie

I'm sorry about your dog. If you want another Norwegian Elkhound, I'd say go for it, if you love the breed that is. I grew up with a Norwegian elkhound, her name was Luna. Crazy little dog.... Anyway, they're a great breed, so yeah. Also, don't listen to that other idiot, Norwegian Elkhounds can be prone to epilepsy, it's just very rare. I'm sorry that rare occasion happened to your dog. Obviously the other person doesn't know Norwegian elkhounds. Not everyone does. Cheers :)

Roxie answered on 4/6/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer