Lola

My shih tzu, Lola keep scratching by her ears or at times directly on her ears.

I took her to Petsmart to pluck her hair out of her ears because I thought that might be it but apparently not. She still keeps on scratching on the same place. Do you think she might have an ear infection or ear mites or just hot spots??
Should I take her to her vet? Is there anything I can do to help prevent or calm the itching? Helpp!! I need advice.

Asked by Lola on May 26th 2009 Tagged ears, scratching in Health & Wellness

Answers

Use this recipe for a week and then 2 x per month... Safe and natural:
*try this ear cleaner recipe for all types of dogs...

en.allexperts.com

If she has dirt in her ears or an ear infection things minor to not so minor can cause itching.
So, I would say if her itching is constant take her to vet.
If she plays outside then maybe she needs some ear wipes, which are easy and safe to use.
Usually hair in and around the ears are needed to keep foreign matter out of them. We also have air in our noses and that helps keeps the bacteria out of the nasal passage. So, the hair is needed. She could have ear infection or something is irritating the area. Check for ticks and fleas as well:) good luck.

Bella

It could be an ear infection. I would get to the vet just to check. They will be able to give you ear drops or at least a cleaning solution.

Bella answered on 5/27/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Aaleai Marie Gammell

Aaleai had the same problem..I took her to the vet and told him what was going on..she was very sensitive to anyone touching her ear. So when he examined her she had a yeast infection in her ear...yes it is possible..as crazy as it sounds, but she may be developing a infection, just go to the vet and he should prescribe Mometamax, it is a daily drop you put in their ear and you'll see a difference in just a couple of days...hope that helps!

Aaleai Marie Gammell answered on 5/27/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer