Guest

My puppy swallowed an entire dog treat whole! He seems fine, but should I be concerned?

I have a 3 month old chihuahua. I gave him a Greenie's dog treat for teenie dogs. He was happily chewing on it for a few minutes then suddenly swallowed the whole thing! He doesn't seem to be in any discomfort and is drinking and eating his food normally. I'm concerned if he's going to be able to digest it in this state or will it damage his little stomach.


Asked by Member 1124343 on Aug 6th 2012 in Swallowing Foreign Objects
Report this question Get this question's RSS feed Send this question to a friend



Status

  • Cast your vote for which answer you think is best!


Answers

Kali earned her wings 10/21/14

I would ask your vet's advice. I have no experience with Greenie's. The fact that he's a 3 month old puppy would concern me.


Kali earned her wings 10/21/14 answered on 8/6/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer


Tiara

The way greenies are made anymore, they break down in the stomach. So there is no chance of it getting stuck or anything. It will break down in about an hour or so.


Tiara answered on 8/13/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer