My Puppy have parvo . How much time it will take to recover ?

My 2 Month old GSD puppy has been infected with parvo virus. Doctor is not giving IV as he has pneumonia also. He already has given 6 anti-biotic Injection.
Doctor said us to give him ORS-L and pray to god.
I have cared him for last 2 days giving frequent ORS-L and little cerelac to drink. He has no vomiting but diarrhea is still there. he loss his weight upto 2 Kg in the past 3 Days and still he don't want to drink or eat. I am giving him ORS using a niddle less syringe. He is too week but yet playful. I want to know from any person who have hand-on experience on parvo, that how much day it will take to come out from parvo and what should I do in this condition ? plz advice me, I love this pup too much

Asked by Member 1079055 on Jan 4th 2012 Tagged parvo, gsdpuppy, dieases in Illness & Disease

Answers

Koby

I would take him to another vet. If he isn't eating or drinking, that's very bad. He will go down hill very fast. Good Luck!

Koby answered on 1/4/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Over the past few weeks you have posted about this constantly. You have been given good advice,,yet seem to not be taking it. Sorry to be harsh..but how can you say you love this dog when at first you would not get him treatment & now seem to be ignoring your vet in favour of internet strangers? Before you didn't believe the vet when he said parvo. Now you do, you were told cerelac is not good for dogs, but still feed it. Honestly..rehome this dog if you can not care for it properly. Asking the same question over 3 weeks will not change the answers you get!!!

I still DO NOT believe your dog has Parvo. Parvo is a quick acting virus and lasts no longer than 7 to 10 days AT THE VERY MOST! Your dog has been sick over three weeks now, not at all typical of Parvo. Futhermore, parvo attacks the ENTIRE digestive system and involves vomiting as well as diarrhea, and the diarrhea is pretty constant, NOT just three or four times a day as you say your puppy has.
Did this vet do the testing to actually determine that he has parvo OR is he just guessing???
Furthermore, that cerelac is offering him NOTHING in the way of nutrition. He needs a good nutritional paste if he can tolerate that, but MOST IMPORTANTLY, he needs a vet to properly diagnose what is actually wrong and get him on the proper treatment.
Pneumonia is also NOT an issue with Parvo,and indicates some overall serious systematic disease process, which needs to be properly diagnosed.
My guess is still pancreatic insufficiency, which IS treatable IF diagnosed in time!