My puppy has dark blood red spots on her belly. Details below.

Layla was spayed 5 days ago and now suddenly in the last couple days she's developed dark blood red spots on her belly next to the incision. I took her to the vet this morning and he said it looks as though she got into a plant or insecticide, something that may have poisoned her. However, she does not go outside and there is nothing that could have hurt her in the house. Not to mention, she is acting completely normal. She is not sick or lethargic. Eating regular. BM is regular. Very playful. She doesn't even notice the spots. They aren't raised or itching her. Any ideas?

Asked by Member 1038856 on Jun 27th 2011 in Health & Wellness

Answers

A picture or better description would help. How big? Round, irregular, shaped? How far out from incision?
These are pictures of flea bites:
3.bp.blogspot.com

There are other causes. I agree she isn't poisoned or she would act sick. Poison Ivy would itch.

Some bug bites don't itch right away as the insect has anesthetic in the bite.