My puppy doesn't eat much, doesn't like treats or wants to be trained, doesn't like it's crate and hides a lot.

My puppy is a border collie named Tyson and 9 weeks old, I got him on September the 3rd 2013 on a farm. Once I got him home he explored a little bit, and started hid in various places which he still does now, once it was bed time he refused to go into his crate, he doesn't eat his food that much he drinks water instead, when I give him a treat he just holds it in his mouth and drops it somewhere and that makes it harder to train him.

Please can someone help.

Asked by Member 1188644 on Sep 5th 2013 Tagged food, treats, training, crate, hiding in Other Puppies

Answers

Why are you crating a working dog puppy? The pup is probably scared out of its mind, to come from a big farm with room to be put in what he thinks is a jail cell. If you do not have a lot of space, this was the wrong breed choice for your family, especially if there is no socialization for him all day. Nine weeks is the imprinting week for puppies, and if he has bad experiences they will stay with him, possibly for life. Get a trainer FAST before this happens, because the youngster alrteady knows that he's in control by not listening and sounds very unhappy. Find things he likes and go from there... ^_^