My puppy didnt eat at all yesterday. He's eating today! should i feed him double to make up for yesterday?

5 month old king charles on dry food mixed with tinned whilst teething. On 2 meals a day.

Asked by Member 1062212 on Oct 9th 2011 Tagged food in Pet Food

Answers

I wouldn't double anything. Especially if he is sick. It would be bad to stretch his tummy right now. Just do a couple of small feedings. Over feeding can result in bloat you might want to research that subject.
I would follow up with the vet on his not eating that means he is sick and maybe there is something wrong.
Many things can cause a dog to not eat, disease, parasite, bacterial infection, gastro problems, teething ect... the list is too long, I would just take him to the vets. It is normal to see the vet several times in the first year anyhow, so just do that to prevent this from getting worse. good luck.

Jasmine

Some dogs just naturally fast for a day. I wouldnt be concerned unless it occurs more than once a week. His teeth may hurt so try softer foods canned or wetting his kibble. If you do wet his kibble pick it up after about 15 min because bacteria could grow quickly causing stomach upset. If u use softer foods transition slowly so not to cause too sudden a change. I recommend just wetting his food with warm water and go with that. Make sure u have size appropriate kibble. There are many diets out there research and see what is best for you. I use 2 different base kibbles and rotate meat and fish,using canned salmon, different meats some raw, organ
meats and vegetables..

Jasmine answered on 10/9/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer