mistie

my pug has a gas problem

my 5 year old pug mistie always passes gas we give her dry food.. she farts alot and one after another it gets pretty bad somethimes. excually when we have people over..

if your dog has gas like mine

what do you do for it!!!

Asked by mistie on Sep 26th 2009 Tagged gasproblems in Pug

Answers

They do have doggie beano now I saw, it and wondered if it works, I have the gassy dog breed in the world, the boston.
it has alot to do with the food they eat. if I could find the perfect food for my boston I would give it to him. i have tried all the things any dog mommy would and no luck yet.
try a low protein, no grain food, good luck

Fritz

Try changing your dog food. Look for something with no corn and a lot of meat like Blue Buffalo wilderness or Taste of the Wild TOTW. If your dog is allergic to corn, this will help. If you are already using a superior kibble, try another one with a different meat base. Good luck

Fritz answered on 9/26/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Dixie

Flat nose dogs (like the boston terrier and pugs) pass gas because they take in a lot of air when they eat. There is nothing you can do for it. Its frustrating I have a boston terrier and she stinks us out of our room sometimes. here is a link to tell you a little more about it vids.myspace.com

Dixie answered on 9/26/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Boston Terriers, Pugs, and Boxers-The short-nosed dogs-are known for passing gas. I agree with the previous posters-maybe change your dog's food.

Have you changed your dog's diet dramatically recently? If you have recently changed foods, given your dog too many treats, or have changed anything else big in her diet, than that might be the case. Possibly your dog is eating too fast. If that seems to be it, go to www.petsmart.com and type in food bowls for fast eaters and you should get a food bowl for fast eaters. Hope this helps. Paw mail me if you need!

Have a doggone day!

Bailey

Promise

Welcome to the club! Both of our pugs have gas problems - Promise thinks it's hilarious and waits to get a reaction out of somebody and Charlie is scared by it. :)

Promise answered on 3/26/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer