My neighbor shot my dogs in the country out in a field right next my house. The dogs were an acre away from the farmer w

I have a field directly by my house and let my dogs go for about thirty minutes. I heard gunshots and I ran outside, my little 5 pound terrier cross came limping, he had a six inch long 2 inch deep gash on his side and I could find my other dog. My husband talked to the farmer that was working the field and he admited to shooting both dogs whom were an acer away from him by the house. He killed my lab mix and grazed my little dog. He didn't feel threatened and really had no reason to do this. He wouldnt let us pick up our dogs body and called the cops on us. He lied and said the lab ran off, then admited he died on impact and showed us where the dog fell. Is there ANYTHING I can do legally? This happened in the state of Idaho in county limits.

Asked by Member 1106528 on Apr 18th 2012 in Animal Welfare

Answers

i would call the police and report it. I would also call a lawyer and find out what your rights are. That is terrible. Sorry you lost your dog and I hope your little one recovers soon.

Jake

The only way to stop these type of people is to contact an attorney and file a law suite against them. You won't get much help from the police because it is a civil matter. When these people have to appear in court and have to come up with thousands of dollars for their action it will get their attention. It won't replace your pet but it will prevent those types of people from killing other people's pets in the future.

Jake answered on 4/19/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer