Asta

My friends dog has white foamy-drool when it goes to the dog beach.

As soon as his dog gets to the beach it starts manufesting a white thick foam from his mouth. My friend asked me several times to bring my dog(astra)with him i always tell him im busy as a fear that it could be passed to her. He does not drink the sea water at all but staight away starts drooling when he walks on the sand what should i tell him to do.
P.s the dog is a australian Kelpie-mix and is 4 years old.

Asked by Asta on Aug 2nd 2010 Tagged white, foam, dog, beach in Illness & Disease

Answers

That is perfectly normal and it's from excitement. There is nothing to worry about for your dog or any other dogs there. MANY dogs "foam" at the mouth when they are excited.

♥ Babe ♥

Agreed with Toto.

Totally normal!

♥ Babe ♥ answered on 8/2/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

My father, the engineer, wonders about the viscosity of doggie drool. Typical engineer. And typical dog, nothing to worry about. I personally have been "Leonburgered" at the dog park. And proud of it, despite the owners horror. BOL!

Some dogs just produce more spit when excited.

I agree with the others.

This is just a sign of excitement or exertion. When a dog is excited, he produces more saliva than under normal circumstances. And also different than normal is the fact that the dog is now panting and the mouth is open, so saliva is thickened and doesn't get swallowed as easily (and invisibly to us) as it does when the mouth is closed and the dog is calm.

There's nothing wrong with this dog, he's just got normal doggie physiology going on and your dog is fine to play with him. It's totally, completely normal.

Eve

Excitement or anxiety is my best bet.
My dog drools, A LOT.. a scary gross amount, when she is around other dogs.
Your friends dog for one of the same reasons. Sand is a weird surface texture. The ocean waves. All the people, other dogs, and smells! There is a lot going on.
In conclusion, nothing to keep your dog away from. Have a fun play date!

Eve answered on 8/5/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer