my female is due to have puppies, I was wanting to know what are the signs of Labor?

I have a 11 month old Kings Charles Cocker Spaniel that is ready to have her first litter of Puppies. I need to know what are the Signs Of LABOR?

Asked by Member 1016429 on Dec 21st 2010 in Other Puppies

Answers

Buckeye

If she is ready, then I suggest taking her to the vet, considering that you aren't educated on signs on labor. Its best to do research beforehand.

Please get her spayed after this. She is still a puppy herself, so she does NOT need to be having puppies of her own. Good luck and I hope everything turns out alright and she and the puppies are safe.

Buckeye answered on 12/21/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 3 Report this answer

WHY IN HEAVENS NAME IS YOUR BABY PUPPY HAVING PUPPIES??? Furthermore, most breeders get this information BEFORE they even breed their dog, not just prior to the birth of the puppies.
I would suggest you get her into your veterinarian for a pre-whelping check ASAP and ask them for help with the whelping, especially if she hasn't been seen by your vet recently. There are way too many important life and death issues which can happen during the birthing process to list them all here since answers does limit the amount of words we are allowed. Many of these issues will be at an even greater risk considering you puppy is still a baby and has not developed fully and/or reached maturity herself at this point.
Until you get her seen by your vet I would start reading anything and everything you can get your hands on concerning whelping dogs and start learning. Most of us spent years being mentored by a responsible breeder before doing it on our own, and we still have our have vet on speed

First of all she will stop eating.When she starts pacing around the house looking for places to hide or if she is sratching at blankets(she is making a nest)Get a good size box and put old blankets or towels in it and place it somewhere quiet and show it to her so she knows its there. Have towels on hand to help clean puppies if she gets tired. A dogs first litter is usually small, so she may have 1 or 2. It would be good to take her to the vet to get an x-ray to see how many she is gonna have. I agree with the others when they say she is too young to have puppies. She will not know what the heck is going on and may panic. But oh well stuff happens, so because she is so young it is very important that you be by her side you may need to help. Most importantly she needs to get the sacs open and clean thier mouths and nose to get them breathing ASAP.Hope this helps good luck.

Nemo

You can check her temperature either through her ear or by getting some KY Gel and sticking one in her rectum. 24 hours before labor a dogs temp should drop under 100. Like about 98-97 she prob have the pups in not time.If she looks really antsy and panting a lot and looking like she trying to push and you don't see anything she might need to be taken in for a c- section.

Nemo answered on 12/22/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

What Ch Pinki said.

Please, please get your dog under the care of a vet or a technician who knows what to do for your dog and her puppies right now.

Having an 11 month old pregnant bitch is highly irresponsible in the first place, but the fact that you don't know what the signs of labor are means to me that you've put your dog and those puppies in great danger.

Please, take this chance to be a responsible owner and get someone who can help you involved. There's far too much to learn between now and when the puppies arrive, no matter how far off that is from now.

lady

she ll stop eating hide in dark places and you should take her tempture and depening on her she will wine or not

lady answered on 12/30/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer