Sara

My dogs urine smells.

My 5 year old maltipoo's urine smells like fish. What's wrong?

Asked by Sara on Jul 31st 2010 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Gidget

Sara may have a urinary tract, bladder/kidney infection. You may want to take her in and have her urine tested, and some other bloodwork. The vet will know the most common causes for this.

There are a few other doggie issues that can cause this symptom as well, so instead of trying to out guess it, it would be best to have a vet do some simple testing. Hopefully it will be a quick easy cure.

Gidget answered on 7/31/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Maverick

I would recommend taking Sara in for a vet check up. A kidney or urinary tract infection could be the culprit as the above poster stated. Let us know how she is doing. :D

Maverick answered on 7/31/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Eve

When my dogs anal glands would expell they had the most rotten fish odor. Horrible I tell you- clear a room horrible. Anyhow, the best way to be sure is to consult a vet.

Eve answered on 8/2/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer