my dog smells a lot so i need some home rememedies to cure this problem.pls help.........!!!!!!!!!

Asked by Member 1140738 on Nov 15th 2012 in Bathing

Answers

You didn't give much information. Try giving your dog a bath every 2 weeks.

If he is healthy and still smells try apple cider vinegar, put it in a bottle and spray all over your dog. If he smells because he is unhealthy, then you need to take him to a vet.

Chester

What kind of a dog is he? If he is a hound dog, then they always carry a musky smell on them and it is pretty much impossible to get rid of...it's who they are:-) When we first got our Basset(as seen in the profile picture), I was overwhelmed by his odor, but I have to admit that I hardly notice it anymore except when he is right on top of me for his cuddles. He's been bathed and the smell disappears for a day or so, but then comes back. In the beginning, because it bothered me, I used to spray him with a doggy cologne, but I don't even do that anymore. Maybe ask a vet to ensure that he is healthy, if he is, then maybe invest in some doggy cologne:-) Good luck!

Chester answered on 11/16/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Colt

Well, first of all, wash him. With my dog, I like to use shampoos formulated for sensitive skin. I like Bio-Groom and Tropiclean, personally. A lot of the harsher ones actually make him smell worse over time because they make his skin unhealthy.
Second, most pet stores and some grocery stores will also sell deodorizing sprays and dry shampoo. You might find one of those helpful.

But the most important part is to keep your dogs skin and coat healthy! Quality food and regular brushing will help. Some people supplement with fish oil and organic unpasteurized apple cider vinegar.

Keep in mind that the smell might be coming from his ears (ear infections) or mouth (dental problems). Also, many dogs naturally smell a little doggish. It's okay, but it shouldn't be extreme.

Colt answered on 1/31/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer