My dog is afraid to go to the bathroom at night, do you think it's because it is spooked or doesn't trust us?

Would our dog be scared by something outside, or is it from being found in the wild by animal control and being in the Humane Society, and dosen't trust us at night?

Asked by Member 1082933 on Jan 8th 2012 Tagged bathroomproblems, pottytraining in Fears & Phobias

Answers

Lil Man IZZ

Animals are very sensitive to stuff that we may not be able to see or hear.. & Sometimes they go through a stage for some reason..In any case, what I've done with rescue dogs scared of everything is to put them on a leash (instant security cause Momma or Daddy is there)& take them to go potty. Even if it's in your backyard. If it's dark, take a flashlight. I know it's a little extra effort but what you're doing is establishing your relationship as one of trust & security by stepping up & providing it. Maybe later your doggie will get there's nothing to be afraid of or while you're out there you'll see something and get rid of it. You're being kind & loving to your pup without babying it. Hope it helps.

Lil Man IZZ answered on 1/10/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer