My dog has separation extreme separation anxiety and I am running out of options.

Every time i leave the house he destroys anything he can touch and pees everywhere. I cant leave him outside, its too cold and he can find a way out easily. I have tried to kennel him but he chewed through a solid tough kennel. He is about 1 and a half, i got him 5 months ago from the SPCA. I now understand why he was in there. I really want to work through this, i have no desire to get rid of my dog.

Asked by Member 1155112 on Feb 13th 2013 Tagged anxiety, separation, peeing, destroying in Behavior & Training

Answers

Tyler

It's really nice to hear you have no desire to return your dog. There is currently a thread on the main site in the Behaviour & Training forum about a dog with Separation Anxiety. You might find some of the advice and discussion there helpful, so do check it out.

Separation Anxiety is one of the most difficult behaviours to work on and as the owner of a SA dog myself ( Tyler ) my only advice would be to find a fully qualified and positive based behaviourist who can assess your dog in person and offer you the help you need.

Tyler answered on 2/13/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer