Cody

My dog has liquid in his ear. Every time I try to get a q-tip he freaks. And he cries every time he or I touches it. Wh

Asked by Cody on Sep 13th 2011 Tagged water, liquid, ears in Bathing

Answers

you could damage the ear by using a qtip. never insert anything into a dog's ear it is so much different then a human ear.
seek vet medical attention immediately for ear infections. an ear infection has severe pain on and inside the ear, red, and hot to the touch.
in the future use large cotton balls to clean off excess dirt.
hope you feel better soon Cody

He doesn't want you to touch the ear because it hurts. A vet will tell you to flush the ear rather than using a q-tip. If this behavior has continued for more than a couple of days, you really need to see the vet.

Best of luck!

Petri

Try using a wash cloth on the tip of your finger and sticking it into his ear. Massage back and forth. It should pull up some of the liquid. If he also shakes his head it will also release some. If the inside of his ear is red and irritated he also has an infection going on which could be why he cries when you touch it. If that is the case I recommend using PETfection Ear Cleaner spray. It is 100% Organic and Non Toxic and is wonderful at clearing up ear infections. You can check it out at www.mypetfection.com. I highly recommend it and found it works much better than any cleaner the vet gave me. Hope this info helps, good luck!

Petri answered on 9/16/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer