Guest

my dog has been ill for a week now, we showed her to a doctor, he said she has fever, infection in eyes & worms in stomach. She was given a few injections. After 3 days she developed fever for which paracetamol was given. All of a sudden she has started drooling a lot & had a seizure which lasted for more than 2 minutes. She is acting like a mad dog & it seems she has lost sight. She has become unresponsive. She was having milk with bread also an egg. What might be wrong with her?


Asked by Member 1117119 on Jun 23rd 2012 in Illness & Disease
Report this question Get this question's RSS feed Send this question to a friend



Status

  • Cast your vote for which answer you think is best!


Answers

Kali earned her wings 10/21/14

I don't know where you are located, but you need to take her to another vet ASAP if it isn't already too late. Did she get into poison, poisonous plants, fertilizer, etc? Sounds to me like she's in trouble. Has she had all her vaccinations? Take her to another vet. Good Luck! Please keep us posted.


Kali earned her wings 10/21/14 answered on 6/23/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer


Bruno CGC

Uh oh... paracetamol (known as acetaminophen in the USA, active ingredient in Tylenol) is NOT an appropriate choice of painkiller/fever reducer in dogs. It can cause liver damage and other symptoms, often fatally.

Please get her to a veterinarian as soon as possible.


Bruno CGC answered on 6/23/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer


Guest

Generally paracetamol is not considered a good medicine for dogs, it sometimes causes poisoning, however your vet knows better. Take her ASAP to the vet and discuss her problem before her condition further deteriorate.


Member 1107927 answered on 6/28/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer