my dog got into the garbage & ate pork chop bones & chocolate cake.? what do i do

He's gone poop, though is stomach is swollen and little hard. What do I do

Asked by Member 874469 on Sep 7th 2009 in Food & Nutrition

Zackintosh CJ

Look online or in a phonebook for the number of the closest emergency vet. Call and ask if there is any reason (which there probably isn't) that you needn't bring him in. If that takes too long, get that poor pup into the E-vet immediately!
Cooked bones can splinter and really hurt his insides, or cause a life-threatening blockage.
Chocolate is uncertain, dark chocolate is worse than milk chocolate. Bakers chocolate (most often found in cake) is the most poisonous. It also depends on how much your dog ate and how big he is.
Nevertheless, don't waste time online, get that dog to a vet!!

Zackintosh CJ answered on 9/7/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

I would be much more concerned about the pork chop bones than the cake...If you can get to an e.r. vet tonight I'd go...If not I'd be making an appointment bright & early in the morning!...I hope he will be o.k.!

No reason to panic. Keep a close eye on the dog. Dark, tarry stools is a very bad sign and well as constipation or diarrhea. As long as you don't see any signs of problems, continue to keep a eye on the dog for a few days.

Too much chocolate can be fatal, but leads to vomiting within hours.

Vet comes to mind..............sheesh

Kayak answered on 9/8/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer