my chichuachua mix must got stung by a bee or wasp. He will not let me touch hind leg. what can i do for him.
on Nov 27th 2012
in Health & Wellness
- Cast your vote for which answer you think is best!
Did you see him get stung, or are you assuming he did based on there being bees or wasps nearby? Does he have an area on his leg that has suddenly become swollen? If you see where the stinger went in, you may be able to "flick" it out, along with the venom sack, by using the edge of a credit card or similar. Benadryl can be used to decrease the swelling -- give 1 mg per pound. You can also use an ice pack (wrapped in a towel) to help with pain and swelling. If you don't know for sure he was stung, he may have injured the leg some other way. If he doesn't improve in the next couple of days, he should be seen by your vet.