Cooper

My 12 week old puppy has recently started sneezing and has a runny nose. Should I be worried?

I have had him for about a week and a half and just in the past couple of days he has started sneezing and has a runny nose. His activity level seems to be normal and he is eating a drinking regularly. He just got his first round of vaccinations a week ago. Could it just be allergies? Obviously if I does not stop in the next couple of days I will call the vet and make an appointment. I tend to worry and always assume the worst so I am not sure if I am over reacting or it is truly something to be worried about. I'm just a worried Mommy that doesn't want anything bad to happen to her puppy, so please don't be too harsh in your responses. Thank you for your help and adivce

Asked by Cooper on Sep 28th 2009 Tagged puppy, sneezing, runnynose in Health & Safety

Answers

Fritz

Hi, It wouldn't hurt to call your vet and ask if you need to bring him in. Puppies are pretty fragile, if he has any more symptoms, his activity level slows down, or it doesn't go away soon, I would get him to the vet.
Good luck, I hope he is better soon.

Fritz answered on 9/29/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

yep, vet to be safe and have piece of mind.

Neka

With all of the recent talk about the "dog flu" Id at least call your Vet and let him know your concerns. He may want you to come in for a checkup.

Neka answered on 9/29/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

♣Duchess♣

I agree with fritz just call the vet and ask about it, It may just be a cold. My animals have gotten a cold before but since he is just a pup, you might want to take him to the vet and just see what they say!!!

♣Duchess♣ answered on 9/29/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer