Angel Lou

More Info Please!

Well, I am gonna be honest I have always had a BC love. I have done quite a bit of info on them. But I wanna know first hand about them. From actual owners, so please spill all the info you know. Ranging from Temperment, Energy, Stimulation, Personality, Training, anything you have to offer I would love to know.

You can pawmail me as well with info if you don't feel up to posting it

Thanks So Much!
~Angel~

Asked by Angel Lou on Jul 20th 2011 in Border Collie

Answers

Angel

Border collies are pretty high energy dogs, unless you find one of those very laid back ones.

Temperament ranges from gender but my two can get a little snippy, as i put it, with each other and their possessions.

They are very nice dogs personality wise, and very willing to learn from you. They are very interested in what you will do, so very curious nature.

Training is pretty easy as long as you are consistent and reward only positive behaviors.

The thing you want to watch out for is the thing that makes them likable. Because they are such brilliant dogs, they have to have something to do. If they don't have nothing to do that positive, they will find destructive ways to entertain themselves.

Hope this helps!

Angel answered on 7/20/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Torque

Mom and Dad got their first (female) Great Dane in 2001, my older half sister. Mom says she absolutely fell in love with our breed. Time spent with these characters, my siblings and I, has inspired her to spread the joy and assist others by offering training advice. greatdanetraining.net is the training/advice site.

Torque answered on 7/20/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Koda

My boyfriend has a BC that we got from a puppy.He is from Ammardan Kennels.
I am a dog trainer and we used positive training for him but he still has a very nervous temperament. He knows over 40 commands and tricks(and counting!), willing to please and can run for hours But is very calm at home.
The only two issues he has are his nervousness and possession of toys with other dogs(not ever with humans!!!).
He a very wary of new people and children even though we socialized him up the wazoo! We are working very hard on this and he is responding very well to it. He will take treats from people and such but its a work in progress.
Other then that he is really great. He is always happy to see us and learns commands so quickly! He is extremely well trained and never tests us. He loves the ball and will fetch tirelessly and loves to herd the soccer ball! He also lives with another BC mix that is a rescue. BC's are great if you have the time for them!! Any Q's message me!!!

Koda answered on 12/19/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer