lab she was eatting puppy Beneful and now she moved up to the normal bag of benful,now has a rash already went to vet

Asked by Member 1064761 on Oct 19th 2011 in Labrador Retriever

Answers

Your question was cut off. Please repost, or go to the food & nutrition forum to find out about higher quality foods. It is possible your dog has allergies, or a sensitivity to some of the ingredients in the beneful.

Sanka- I'll Miss You

Lots of dogs have problems with Beneful and other "grocery store" brands.

They're usually high in corn and all sorts of things that just don't bode well with dogs. I HIGHLY suggest switching to another food.

My dog was always super greasy, smelly, shed a ton while on Benefel. He also had horrible chronic ear infections. Switching to a better, meat based food got rid of those problems.

Sanka- I'll Miss You answered on 10/19/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Alikazam

You can check it out at dogfoodanalysis.com
Baneful is one of the lowest rated foods available. It's primary ingredient is corn. Dogs don't digest corn well. Try a better product with meat as a primary source of protein.

Alikazam answered on 10/20/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Beneful is not very good food. Besides all the by -products and corn, it also has sugar in the food. My dogseat Nutro here and have had very good luck with it. I have been feeding it for almost 15 years and my show dogs have great coats and the pick up in the back yard is very low.