Lab is completely lame

I have a 15 year old pure yellow lab. He has been fine, peppy, walking twice a day, tail wagging .. happy.
He does have arthritis and is on Tramadol and Gabapenton.
Five days ago he could not get up from laying down position and his front legs were stiff. The night before he had been pacing and drooled a bit.
He is very well taken care of, lots of fitness, not around other pets much, eats a lot of healthy mostly human food now.
He has feeling in his legs and feet and can scratch well with both hind legs. Relfexes are there.
He can't get up from laying down unless I pull him up and then he can hold his head up.
He is still his normal self however is starting to show some distress in the way of whining, whimpering and barks if I leave him alone but I think he is sick of not moving around.
He eats, drinks, poops normally.

Asked by Member 1156636 on Feb 23rd 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

I would take him to the vet and see if they can do anything for him.

Mika

He is obviously in pain, I hope you have had him to a vet by now, he needs help by the sound of it.

Mika answered on 2/24/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer