Is there any way i could induce labor ?

My dog is pregnent, and her mucas plug was lost a few days ago.

Asked by Member 827147 on May 22nd 2010 in Puppies

Answers

Isy

If your bitch went into labor A FEW DAYS AGO and still has not had the puppies, take her to the vet NOW! Chances are the puppies are already dead! Once her temp drops below 99 degrees, you should see pups born within 24 hours--on average birth starts around 15 hrs after temp drop. Her water will break a couple hours or less before the first pup is born.

They will first giver her oxytosin to stimulate uterine contractions, but only 2 doses are safe to give. After this, you're looking at a c-section. After c-section, xrays, vet visit fee, oxytosin shots, and aftercare, you're looking at a vet bill in the thousands, yes THOUSANDS--with an S on the end!!! And if the dead pups are not removed, ur bitch will become septic from the little dead bodies rotting inside of her and will likely die too!

DON'T BREED YOUR DOG UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!! If she had been brought to the vet DAYS AGO, not only would your vet bill be significantly smaller, the pups mite have lived!

Isy answered on 5/22/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Take her to a vet--this kind of things takes training and know-how to do on your own. And is too complicated to explain in the necessary details over the internet. (If I was even that advanced in my training.) Any attempt to do so on your own in this case could make things worse--possible even cost you the life of your dog.

My website is an *introduction* to the world of responsible dog breeding:
cookiemiller.tripod.com
~Tiffany, breeder-in-training

Find an emergency vet now and take her in ASAP!

I agree with first answer completely.
She could be in serious trouble.
You most likely will have to have a c section. good luck I ho pe she is alright.