Is it safe to add C.E.T. AquaDent to my 12 year old toy poodle's drinking water every day?
on Apr 5th 2009
in Dental Care
- This question is closed.
My opinion is that this product, even though it is manufactured for cats and dogs, is NOT SAFE.
I looked it up and I was SHOCKED to see it contains xylitol, which has been proven to be highly toxic to dogs. It is a common newer ingredient in sugarless gum and many dogs have been sickened or even died after injesting it in small amounts in that type of product.
So, no, I don't feel it is a safe product.
If your dog has an issue with bad breath, try wiping her teeth with a cotton washcloth, or brushing with a dog toothbrush and special doggie toothpaste, not human toothpaste.
Discuss this issue with your vet, too. Sometimes, dogs need an upgrade in food quality in order to have fresher breath, or she may have an underlying gastric issue that is causing foul breath.
Bottom line: I'd not use this on my dog, or any dog I know.
Jack answered on Apr 5th.
I would ask vet first.
Dieta answered on 4/5/09. Helpful? / 0