Guest

Ihave puppy who swallowed whole a trout I had gutted and was preparing to cook. There was no head or tail and I know tro


Asked by Member 1152631 on Jan 29th 2013 Tagged foodrawfishetc in Other Health & Wellness
Report this question Get this question's RSS feed Send this question to a friend



Status

  • Cast your vote for which answer you think is best!


Answers

Kali earned her wings 10/21/14

You need to get him to the vet ASAP! Trout falls into the same category as raw Salmon, which is poisonous to dogs. Don't wait. The sooner you get your pup there the better. Good Luck!


Kali earned her wings 10/21/14 answered on 1/30/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer


Guest

Before you panic... it depends on WHERE the trout is from. This is a disease of the Pacific Northwest ONLY. Here is a quote: "While the disease is typically more prevalent in the Pacific Northwest (Washington, Oregon and northern California), the disease has surfaced from a dog ingesting raw fish in Southern Calfornia."
So, unless you are from that area, it is NOT a problem at all, and raw feeders feed trout all the time.


Member 641257 answered on 1/30/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer