I wanted to have my two dogs a little special meal instead of just dog food but i cant find any dog drink recipes

Asked by Member 1125950 on Aug 16th 2012 Tagged dogdrinkrecipes in Treats

Answers

Is this meant to be something for an occasion, or their main diet?

I don't know that you can give a dog anything other than water, so I can't help there. (Though I've given one of my dogs milk every once in a great while, but if your dog hasn't had it before I wouldn't advise it. It may give him diarrhea.)

However, if you want to give a special meal for some special occasion, table scraps won't hurt. Just avoid the foods dogs can't safely eat. (No grapes, raisins, chocolate, no cooked bones etc.) Meat is the best thing for a dog, so meaty table scraps would be best and I'm sure they'll love them.

You can freeze no-sodium chicken broth in an ice cube tray and add them to their water, or just put large frozen cubes outdoors for them to enjoy.