i have three dogs and one cat one of my dogs is a border collie and i live in town how can i keep her roudyness down?

Asked by Member 999438 on Aug 5th 2010 Tagged toys in Behavior & Training

Answers

Eve

First of all border collies are HIGHLY intelligent, and have lots of energy. My opinion to keep her calm is to, 1) set up games to intrigue the senses, make her think, make her work for treats. In addition to love, dogs need stimulation - some dogs more than others. So make sure she is not bored. 2) Run. Not walks but actually go jogging or running with your dog. She can't bounce all over your house if she's too tired to. Exercising your dog is very crucial and keeps a happy, well balanced dog.

Eve answered on 8/5/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Lots of exercise and a daily routine. Dogs like this learn the routine quickly and expect the routine everyday.
If you have a plan and a routine the dog will adjust. But, this breed does need lots of exercise and mental stimulus.

molly

border collies like you have probably noticed are very active breeds although this is not the case with every border collie my border collie mollie she is more mellow although i train her,take her on walks,and i am looking to either teaching her some more agility or possibly looking into the dog sport flyball.But she isnt bouncing of the walls (shes also 8 years old).But my point is every dog is different so they may like different things like if your dog loves tennis balls join your local flyball team or if your dog loves to please you train agility ,or if your dog likes playing with other dogs go to your local dog park.There are so many options on what you can do with your dog and ways your dog can burn some energy .For some training ideas(tricks) you can watch my video on youtube www.youtube.com if the link doesnt work its called mollie the border collie tricks

molly answered on 8/5/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer