Zhang Fei

I have a very itchy back

I am a shih tzu, 4 and a half years old. I have had a itchy back for a few months now, and my mum is really worried. She has taken me to the vet a couple of times, but their information didn't do much. She changed my shampoo as a vet suggested, but nothing changed. I still have a very itchy back. I eat Purina Science Diet Lamb, so I don't think it is a food allergy. I have a few small bumps on my back, and I don't like it when someone touches it, but I love it when people scratch around it! Help! I don't like seeing my mum so worried, and I don't like this itchy back! :(

Asked by Zhang Fei on Jun 25th 2013 Tagged food, shampoo, itchyback, allergy in Food & Nutrition

Answers

I'm not sure what your vet said, but white dogs have pink skin and tend to be more sensitive. Your dog can be allergic to any flowery smells, like apple mango tango laundry products, dryer scent beads, flowery floor cleaner, etc. She could also be sunburned during the summer- ask your vet what s/he recommends for that. Your dog could also be allergic to her flea medicine brand, so switch to a similar product next month. Finally, if you don't know when your lawn is sprayed, find out and don't let her in any lawns within three days of pesticide treatment. Hope this helps ^_^

Feed him a grain free, chicken free dog food. Look into feeding Merrick Grain Free, it's one of the best dog foods to feed - www.merrickpetcare.com

He probably has an allergy to grains or chicken.

Bathe him with Eartbath, it's one of the best shampoos for a dog.