I have a small male yorkie 2lb and a larger female 10lb is it possiable to breed together

Im trying to bread a small 2 lb yorkie with my female yorkie she is 10lb she is willing, and he seems to be having a hard time reaching her. this is the first time for both. is there anything I can do to help. Im desperate have been trying for two days. the family of the male wants an off spring from him he belonged to a son they lost about 2 years ago. both male and female are 2 years old. and both are willing. Ive tried putting him on a box, and even holding her down and him up. Im really desperate! time is running out. help please!

Asked by Member 747669 on Oct 6th 2008 Tagged yorkie, breeding, size in Yorkshire Terrier

Answers

Karlie R.I.P October 12th 07

Unless there pure champion bloddlines I would withdraw from breeding them, There are too many dogs out there that need homes kepp the 2 as companions, + there is so much time and work into selling, and making sure everything goes according to plan when breeding.
Best wishes!
WOOF

Karlie R.I.P October 12th 07 answered on 10/6/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 3 Report this answer

TK, CGC

I'm concerned about whatever the 'breeder' above is going to tell you.

Without even asking you about health I know you should not breed these dogs. Your female is 3 lbs over the breed's standard for weight. The people who want a puppy from the male are just trying to replace something they have lost and it will never happen. You will never be able to reproduce what they had as there is never any guarantee of a dog's temperament. Plus, the bitch is a different dog than the prior dog's mother.

Just please, please, please don't breed your dogs. God knows there are thousands of Yorkies already being bred across the country, and that is too many now. Breeding is something that should be reserved for people who have done lots of research and health/genetic testing and whose prerogative is to better the breed according to its set standard. Enjoy your 2 babies for the love they give you.

TK, CGC answered on 10/6/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

It's impractical to breed such a small dog to a large one. JMO. People often want a puppy from their dog for different reasons. Such as they want a dog "just like him" when the dog dies.
Genetics is complicated and even puppies in the same litter have very different personalities. It's impossible for a puppy to be "just like" one of it's parents because of the way genetics works.
Dog breeding is a big responsibitlity. It's not easy, and when all the right health tests and allare done you don't make money, you lose it.
I am a breeder in training, currently studying dog breeding and the ethics involved. The subject of dog breeding, especially on this website, is a touchy one. There are people on both sides. One side is like me. I believe that dogs should be breeding quality before being bred. Good breeding takes years of research and experience with a good mentor. There are strict rules and ethics to go by to be a good breeder. I talk about my view of dog breeding on my website and on my page. I take it very seriously.
The other side believes that dog breeding is fine no matter what, basically. Some have even openly stated that people like me discourage dog breeding to try to monopolize the puppy market. I care nothing for money actually. I want to be a breeder because I want to help keep my favorite breeds healthy. I've been called "anti-breeder". I always like to point out that I'm not "anti-breeder", just "anti-irresponsible breeder".
Then, there are those who believe that dog breeding of any kind is wrong because it takes homes from shelter dogs.

I respect other's opinions, but that doesn't mean that I won't try to tell my side.

yes, you can.

Birdie (Mac Laughlin), In Lov

I recommend you find a reputable breeder of Yorkies in your area. This breed has specific issues, and the most important thing is to make sure you have a healthy pup AND a healthy bitch. Welping these lil' babies is tricky as well as birthing. I understand wanting the offspring, but your bitch is not to breed standard and your male is not either. The two pound yorkie is way under the weight standard, and the risks to creating this size are many. Your lil guy may have a genetic defect that you are unaware of. Have his organs been x-rayed? He could have a heart condition, which hasn't presented yet.. The bitch is way over standard and may put out more than a couple of puppies. If she produces large yorkies will they take a baby anyhow, or do they only want another two pound baby? What will you do with the other puppies? Are you aware of the vet costs of responsibly breeding this pair? What if she dies due to stress or complication during birthing? Is this risk okay? :)

Birdie (Mac Laughlin), In Lov answered on 10/28/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

WEEZY

I will mate with her ! Are you interested ?? :) im 4lbs

WEEZY answered on 1/8/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer