I have a dog and also another dog living with me. They keep urinating in the same spot throughout the house! Help

Asked by Member 1156040 on Feb 19th 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Lexus

Because you say they are peeing in the same spot, that says to me that possibly you arent cleaning the spot properly....Not to say your not cleaning it but you need to make SURE that their scent is not in the house at all.....because dogs go pee where their pee smell is, and will continue to do so as long as they smell it. Get a good enzyme cleaner and clean the heck out of it!!!

Lexus answered on 2/19/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I agree with the other answerer, even thought you've cleaned it they are still smelling the urine. That's because they have "marked" that spot to remember to always go there and pee again. What I do is use some vinegar in the spot, that gets rid of the urine scent that they can still smell but we can't.

If it's carpet, it's so hard. As our other dog's health became worse & he was throwing up a lot, there was constant cleaning & shampooing the carpet when one of us was out of the house with him. He was quite welcome to do business or throw up on balcony but, no, again on the newspaper or carpet, or would wait until we took him out (or arrived home)We were not out all day or night.There was always someone there with him.

When he passed away and we eventually bought another dog (from pound)when he was 8 weeks old, he would go straight to the spot where the other dog used to throw up on & would do his business there. He was also banned from that room. When we moved house, I had timber floor laid a week before we moved in. He has never done any of his business in this house.Like the other dog, will not do business on balcony or courtyard. He'd rather do it on walks or on the grassed 'common area' in the apartment complex where we live. I take him out at 9.30pm past the trees at my gate