I have a 8 month year old german shepard we took her to get her shots a week ago now she is sick really sick

i wonder if she can get sick a week after her first shots im very worried about her i think she has fevar and she wont eat or drink and has a diaria and has no energy and she doesnt want to go for a walk or play and when i do walk her she walks slow and wierd :( i hope she doesnt have parvo :( if some one could please answer my question as soon as possible that would be great thank you very much - Chenoa k

Asked by Member 1080229 on Dec 27th 2011 in Other Dogster.com

Answers

I know with parvo, they have blood in the stool, they vomit a lot won't eat or drink, which worms do the same thing, take your dog back to the vet for a pravo test, then you'll know which it is, but I'm almost certain it's one of those too, i know from experience. & you don't have much time if it's parvo to get the right meds in her. Hurrrrry!!

I would take her straight back to the vet ASAP. She may have had a reaction, or she may have been exposed to something that made her sick. Good Luck!

YES It is VERY VERY possible that your dog is having a terrible reaction specifically to the vaccines. The worst part is that your conventional vet will most likely deny it all and blame it on something completely different to protect themselves. There is a huge anti and or minimal vaccination movement going on in the holistic dog community. Do some research. Consult a holistic veterinarian. Some dogs suffer permanent damage from vaccines that is subtle. My dogs are shelter and rescue dogs so they have had at least 1 round before they were released to me but we have never vaccinated again after that. One rabies vac is enough. I think anything you can do to get your dog's immune system back up will help in the long run (apple cider vinegar, super foods, the raw diet, herbs, homeopathics, etc.) and a holistic and/or homeopathic vet's advice for the present is what you need.

Point is PLEASE beware if your curent vet blames it on something else. Vaccine reactions are very real.