Yuki Joy

How to wash my dogs face?

My shih-tzu is good handling baths.If I get on my bathing suit and get in the shower with him he gives me no trouble whatsoever and doesnt mind the water much but when I try to get his face clean he immediatly tries to escape from me.He doesnt allow water anywhere near his face.He is starting to get stains under his eyes because of tears and its starting to smell but he wont allow me to clean his face no matter how gentle I try to be with him.Try to use doggy wipes but he doesnt like it much either. What can I do to get his face clean?

Asked by Yuki Joy on Nov 28th 2008 Tagged clean, face, how, to, get, my, dogs, face, clean in Grooming

Answers

Tried using a slightly damp cloth and being careful not to get in in his eyes? That's how I clean my dog's face. I've been told let the dog get water on his eyes once and he has a hard time trusting with with washing his face.
Make it a pleasent experience by giving him a treat after washing his face. Eventually, he should endure it just for the treat.