how old is female boxer when she will go into heat for the first time

Asked by Member 843184 on Jun 5th 2009 in Boxer

Answers

Not old enough to be bred, in case you're curious.
It can happen anytime after 6 mos, at the latest maybe 13 mos.

Bam-Bam, CGC answered on 6/5/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

As the last poster said, anywhere from 6 months and up. I've been told that sometimes dogs don't go into their first heat until the age of two years.

Jet

I think probably a year.

Jet answered on 6/5/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

it can be any dog breed, first heat can be 4 months, 6 months, ect.
No real time frame, my one dog had heat at 4 months. Very short but still ovulation.

In loving memory of Lilo

It all depends on the dog. I've seen some dogs go in heat at 4 months. I've seen others be heatless until they're 2 years. Your female boxer won't be old enough to breed the first time she does, more than likely. If that's why you're wanting to know.

In loving memory of Lilo answered on 6/6/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

It is usually the second 6 months of its life. This is why it is common to spay pets by 6 months. That nearly always heads off going through the mess, hassles, and risks of having a female in heat.

Please don't even think of breeding her.

Xena

Boxer's are a bit slower to mature, and typically go into their first heat cycle at closer to one year (this info is according to both my breeder and my vet). They should be spayed before the first heat cycle to significantly reduce the chances of certain types of cancers. Xena was spayed at 7 months.

Xena answered on 8/23/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer