How much would be the average weight of a Pit Bull 5-6 months old?

I'm very skeptical on this, but my grandmother came across a photo of a Pit that resembled Sasha quite a bit. So to satisfy her curiousity, how much would a 5 to 6 month old Pit bull weigh?

Asked by Member 570392 on May 19th 2008 Tagged weight in Other Puppies

Best Answer

Clay R.I.P. my handsome boy!!

Well here is the scoup on the Pit Bull weight history.Sasha doesn't look like a Pit Bull(sorry)
The old time Pit Bulls weight was Females35-40 pounds and Males 40-45 pounds. These days people think it's cool to breed Pit Bulls with American Bulldogs and so many other breeds to make them weigh 100 pounds or more.It has really ruined our breed!They were bred for agility and speed along with durability.The bigger the least likely to be agile!
A 5-6 month old Pit of the old time weight would be around 30 pounds or so.Now a days it may be around 50 pounds or more.
If you take a look t my dog Clay he is actually 100% to breed standard.He now weighs about 50 pounds,that is with his winter weight on LOL.You can see a few of his show pictures where he had won Best in Breed.
So in answer to your question,Sasha really looks like she is mixed maybe Jack Russell and Lab or maybe even Lab and Pit.It is hard to tell until they are about a year old.She is very cute! Have fun with her.

Clay R.I.P. my handsome boy!! answered on May 19th.

Answers

Saint Raphael

I just rescued a Pit Bull/American Bulldog mix who is a week short of six months old. He weighs 40 lbs.

Saint Raphael answered on 5/20/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

charley is an american red nose pit and the last time he was weighed at the vet he was 97lbs.