How do i get my dog more people friendly?

I have an 8 month old Pitt bull hes very friendly to me my wife and our 4 year old daughter. The problem is when adults show up to visit he acts scared and mean. Hes been around slot of ppl as a puppy and is not like that towards children or my parents but any other adults he seems to hate. Any suggestions on how to fix this.he is already neutered.

Asked by Member 1085607 on Jan 18th 2012 in Socialization

Answers

Tiara

Really the best start maybeto take a class with a trained professional helping you out. From there, it is just a matter of taking the dog out to places where people can pet then dog and let her see that not all people are bad. But since it is a pit bull, you may have a bit of a problem getting people to come up to her. That is why the class may be the first thing to try. Taking then dog to places like petsmart or petco can also help to get them used to being outside of your house.

Tiara answered on 1/19/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer