How do I find the right dog?

I am in need of a service dog that is also able to alert me to medical conditions. I am able to train the dog with my husband, but I know that it can be difficult to find a dog suitable for training, let alone gifted enough to recognize seizures or breathing difficulties. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to go about finding a suitable dog? While it is a very important need, I am more than willing to wait for the RIGHT animal. We currently have two cats that are able to provide medical alert in the home, but I need medical alert and some other types of assistance outside of the home.

Asked by Member 546438 on Mar 1st 2012 Tagged serviceanimal, adoption in Choosing the Right Pet

Answers

Carter

www.littleangelsdogtraining.net

This is a website that breeds and trains service dogs. They pay for your expense if you have to travel, there is also options to train the dog yourself like you said you wanted to do.

www.pawswithacause.org This is a rescue organization and they have trainers to train the dogs to be seizure detecting dogs. this website was recommend from www.epilepsy.com I hope you find something that works for you.

Carter answered on 4/19/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer